About the UMKC Chapter
AAUP is the only faculty organization that encompasses all scholarly disciplines across institutions. Our chapter is affiliated with the national AAUP. At a national level, the AAUP is a non-profit professional organization organized and operated pursuant to Section 501(c)6 of the Internal Revenue Code. That entity collaborates with AAUP-CBC, a labor union, and the AAUP Foundation, a public charity.
Officers (terms end at end of 2015)
- Past President: Patricia P. Brodsky, Emerita, College of Arts and Sciences
- President and Webmaster: Roger Alan Pick, Henry W. Bloch School of Management, 816-235-2336
- Editor of Faculty Advocate and Vice-President/Treasurer: Scott Baker, College of Arts and Sciences, 816-235-2823
- Secretary: Hali Fieldman, Conservatory of Music, 816-235-2951
- Voting Representatives to the Missouri State Conference:
Roger Alan Pick, Henry W. Bloch School of Management, 816-235-2336
Scott Baker, College of Arts and Sciences, 816-235-2823
- Chair, Membership Committee: Currently vacant.
$10/year. Please make checks payable to "UMKC-AAUP Chapter" and send to Treasurer Scott Baker, Scofield 219. Please put your email address on the memo line. Please do not send cash.
To be a voting member, you must pay both chapter dues and National Dues
Membership is open to all faculty: full-time tenured and tenure-track, full-time non-tenure track, part-time, and graduate teaching assistants.
Call for Papers!
Is there something going on in your unit that your colleagues across campus should know about? Write it up! Submit to the Faculty Advocate by sending attachment to Scott Baker